Chelsea Pub Crawl Photos and Report

3rd September 2011

Saturday morning saw Peter, Matt, Colin,Rob,Nigel, John H, John W, Mark, Georgie, Dave and myself meet up for the train to London. A packed journey took us to South Ken station for a short walk to the first pub The Hour Glass where most had the Sambrook's Wandle Ale. We were met here by Les and Ray from the Black Country. A short walk brought us to The Admiral Codrington with 2 beers, where we sat outside in a pleasant drinking area, I had the Caledonian 80/.  We then walked through the streets of Chelsea looking in some local estate agents, a lot of places between one to three million pound mark!

We then arrived at The Queen's Head where I had Sharps Doombar, we also ate here and were met by Bill from Canada. Another short walk brought us to The Kings Road which was bustling with people. The next pub was The Chelsea Potter which was very busy. I had Youngs Gold. I hadn't been in that pub for about 40 years. A quick cross of the road  for The Trafalgar,  where I think everyone settled for Camden Innercity Green served up in a mixture of jugs and flute glasses. Another short walk to Sydney Street, not the one where the siege was, for The Sydney Arms, another busy pub but the service for some of us was very slow. I had the Timothy Taylor's Landlord. Back to The Kings Road and another short walk to The Cadogan Arms, which had the biggest Adnams pub mirror I have seen. I think the beer I had was Feyne Festival Spark, but I can't read my own writing in my book, but it was the darkest beer of the day and very nice.

Les and Ray left us here to head back home. We then did a slightly longer walk and crossed the river by Battersea Bridge  to go to The Draft House Westbridge. I had the Dark Star Sunburst. There was also a selection of Belgian beers that were tried. After that we said goodbye to Bill who walked back to his hotel, and caught a couple of buses back to Liverpool St. We split here as there was a train to Colchester Town shortly to depart which some caught. The rest went into Hamilton Hall for a visit to the loo and another quick drink, before getting the 21:00 train back.

Congratulations to Dave and John H who drank pints in every pub, most of us having halfs with the odd pint.


Ted Ted