- 10.25 - Meet Colchester North Station
- 10.43 - Catch train to Bures (change at Marks Tey)
- 11.15 - arrive Bures - short walk to Lamarsh Lion for Lunch
- 12.00 Lamarsh Lion
- 13.00 ish begin walk to Sudbury - approximately 3 hours at a steady pace.
- 16.00 ish arrive Sudbury - drink at the Brewery Tap and anywhere else you fancy. Catch train home as per personal preference. One train per hour.
This very attractive walk with stunning views (if the sun shines) is a maximum of 8 miles - mostly after lunch. (I walked it in less than 3 hours without stops and at a good pace).
Sturdy walking boots and warm and waterproof clothing is essential. Please bring a torch. It is mostly on footpaths although there are a couple of short road sections - one of which is requires extreme care. (Straight after lunch!) There are a few hills to climb and some muddy fields to cross. Anyone doing the walk does so at their own risk!
If you would like to join me - please let me know you are coming well before the date so I can book a table for lunch. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org (yes, really cycling@)
The deadline for bookings is 31st January